Monday, September 17, 2007

I've Made it to Ukraine

I made it safely to Ukraine Friday. Wally met me at the airport in Lviv and we took the overnight train to Chernivtsi and arrived yesterday morning. Due to my lack of sleep Wednesday night and the overnight flight on Thursday I all but crashed when I made it to the hotel.

The phone is not working and I should get that addressed Monday. Still, don't bother calling until I know what phone I will have.

Wally and Brother Vasily had me preach and sing this morning at Church 4. Their new building sits at the end of an unpaved road on one of the hillsides overlooking the city. It's large, light and airy and absolutely nothing in comparison to their old building in the old ghetto downtown.

Tonight we are going to Church #1. Tomorrow Wally is taking me to the Christian School.

Brother Bob, you will be happy. Wally took me to a rib joint in the new supermarket/mall that has developed at the old missle parts factory on the east edge of the city. It's called the Potato House and serves barbecue ribs, burritoes, baked potatoes and steaks.

Keep praying for me this week.

The Hotel Cheremosh still has the same in need of an upgrade accommodations, but they have improved their business center with high-speed internet so I am happy. I'll add some pictures to the blog later this week.

I saw a host of our former interpreters and drivers at church today, though I can't remember most of their names.

Sincerely,

Jon Musgrave

No comments: