Saturday, July 14, 2012

Singing and Witnessing in the Chernivtsi Park



Saturday is always a mixed-up day as we meet the local mission team members in the morning and do something in the afternoon. After six trips I think we've done something different every trip.

Today the Odessa youth team hit the central park in Chernivtsi with some singing and others witnessing and handing out the plan of salvation bracelets. Sandy and Samantha joined us with their interpreter as our interpreters for the camp are already there. They brought Pastor Victor along who is one of the local pastors.

That's Keenan from DuQuoin on the guitar with Aubrey as the other major vocalist. They're joined by Vitalic, one of our drivers lip-synching at one point as well as Sandy from Second and Natasha of Chernivtsi, a member of the Source of Life church who's helping with music playing the piano with a messianic Jewish congregration. I'm the one behind the iPad shooting the video.

It's pretty early in our visit and everyone was still getting warmed up. At one point you'll here Sandy ask someone, "Do you want a bracelet."

Other groups went downtown and some I think were heading to a market to witness.

The youth teams leaves in 27 minutes for Odessa. We're driving overnight to stay cool as the van lacks air conditioning.

Eva and Peggy Sue got a surprise today when they learned they will be a witness team with Pastor Nicoli and will be visiting probably some of the Romanian-langauge villages in the area. Tom and I went with him a few days last year as did Ron Ellis. They thought they were doing a backyard Bible club.

I got a surprise today. One of the 15-year-old interpreters helping Sandy and Samantha told me I looked familiar. I told him I'd been here two years before. Later he told me I went to his parents' home last year with Tom and we gave our testimonies. I remember that visit. We had three or four families with at least 10 or 12 listening as we sat ourside in the backyard. He's now a member of the Source of Life Church that's our major partner over here.

I think I've got Sandy set up to use Blogger as she brought her iPad as well. If everything works out she'll be able to provide updates as to what's happening with the crews in Chernivtsi. I'm not sure our connectability will be at the camp, or if we will get into Odessa much so I can update. Right now I'm in the santuary at Source of Life church charging the iPad and using their WiFi listening to Keenan play some more music. Our vans should arrive in nine minutes now.

Derek, I know, was heading out to one of the villags like he did on the last trip. He's got the same interpreter as well. I'm not sure if Bettie and Larry are going to be staying out in a village or using the hotel as homebase.

Everyone's doing well. Keep us in your prayers. We're keeping the new minister preaching in the morning at Second Baptist. May he be the one God has planned for our church.

No comments: